So I filled out this thing on Facebook that asks for 25 Random facts. I thought it would be fun to post on my blog. Sorry to all my facebook friends who have already read this...but now you know me REALLY well. :)
1. I was born and have lived my whole life in Alaska. My oldest daughter and I were even born at the same hospital. The longest I have been away from Alaska is 3 weeks.
2. I am Antiochian Orthodox--the Faith of our Fathers!
3. I have lived most of my life in Eagle River--with the exception of 5 years in Wasilla from 8th-12th grade. I did not like Wasilla. Too much wind.
4. My husband and I have been married for almost seven years. It seems crazy, but it really has been that long! We are incredibly happy. At least I am...haha. He is too. I promise.
5. My whole life, all I wanted to do was get married and have kids...so I really am living the dream!
6. I love food--I love to cook it, eat it, read about it, watch TV shows about it, show it off, you name it. I love food. I'm also a pretty good cook, and a slight snob about my own cooking.
7. Things I don't love--when people use incorrect grammar on purpose (drives me nuts), misspelled signs in public (it's why kids can't spell these days!), green beans, and spiders.
8. I have two incredible little girls--Megan, who is two, and Marina, who is almost 5 months. They are the light of my life. Even at bedtime (which is now) when they're super fussy. Thankfully, my husband rocks and is getting them into their pjs so I can type this.
9. My secret dream is to be a published author--I've always enjoyed writing, and think I'm pretty decent at it. The hard part is having the discipline to actually sit down and write a book. I've actually have done it once, and no, you can't read it.
10. I can read incredibly fast. It drives my husband up a wall.
11. I taught a 5th/6th combo class for three years, and also taught a year of Kindergarten before my kids were born. Someday, I'd like to teach again. For now, being a stay at home Mom rocks.
12. I can recite Good Night Moon from memory.
13. I suffer from secret nightmares that something terrible will happen to my kids and I won't be able to stop it. (Doesn't every Mom?) It's awful, and I hate it.
14. I am not good at gardening, although I'd like to be better. I have an almost super-human power to kill plants. I don't know why.
15. I have a killer sweet tooth. It is almost the death of me sometimes.
16. My favorite color is purple. I have a purple winter coat, two purple hats (I don't wear them both at the same time, don't worry), and purple gloves. I look like a giant grape when I go outside. My girls also have lots of purple!
17. Meeting and marrying my husband is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me.
18. I have a lot of other little kids in my life--four nephews, and five Godchildren, as well as lots of friends' kids who I love.
19. My best friend (outside of my husband) is my sister Kali. She can pretty much read my mind. It's awesome.
20. I love being a wife and mother. Staying at home with my daughters is the most rewarding and most challenging job I have ever had. It's harder than I thought, raising kids.
21. I do not care that much about fashion, make-up, jewelry, etc. I usually wear jeans and a t-shirt, and throw my hair back in a pony-tail. It is the easiest, and then Marina can't puke in it. It's much better that way. No make-up, unless I'm feeling really special (or bored). And jewelry...I have little kids! Not happening.
22. I want to be more involved in our church...I do a couple of jobs for our priest already, but I'm considering applying to be on the parish council. Haven't decided yet.
23.The hardest thing about being in Alaska is that so many of my friends are far away, and I don't get to see them. It's a bummer, and I miss them a lot.
24. I enjoy quilting too. I just bought myself a new sewing machine a couple weeks ago, and it's super fun.
25. I am pretty much a grammar Nazi.
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Did it take you very long to come up with 25 things? It took me forever! I sat on the couch looking around my house for ideas. In the end Matthew helped out so I could finish up and go to bed. :) It was fun though.
Stasia
"7. Things I don't love--when people use incorrect grammar on purpose (drives me nuts), misspelled signs in public (it's why kids can't spell these days!), green beans, and spiders.
25. I am pretty much a grammar Nazi."
Ok, so what's the irony here? You said, "When people use incorrect grammar ON PURPOSE." Any TRUE grammar Nazi would know that the correct way to say that is "use incorrect grammar PURPOSELY." It is an adverb, not a preposition.
But that's ok. I think I know what you meant, even though the grammar was all messed up. :)
--Matthew
PS: If I don't poke fun at your grammar, who will?
One more: "I've actually have done it once,"
C'mon, Hitler would not have approved of such sloppiness and you know it!
Ok, so I know I'm not getting fudge next Christmas, but make sure that Stasia gets some (so I can eat hers).
:P
-Matthew
I don't recall saying I was perfect. And I didn't do it PURPOSELY. It was an accident. But now I feel stupid.
And as for coming up with my stuff, I hijacked your list Stasia and used it for inspiration!!
Post a Comment