The title: as in "Rantings and Ravings."
Reasons number 1065 and 1066 to wish I could bulldoze my house and start from scratch: The ice frozen INSIDE of the windows all over the upstairs, and whatever septic problem we have that causes my living room to smell like poop whenever the temperature dips below 0. Being that the last three days have been between -1 and -10 at my house, it has smelled like poop a lot. Grr. (Today, it warmed up to 5 above, so the stench is gone, thankfully).
And yes, you read that right--it warmed up to FIVE DEGREES. It is freaking cold outside! Megan lost her hat today at Target, so she got to be cold for a lot of the afternoon. Oh well, this will teach her an important lesson: don't throw giant fits and pitch your belongings out of the shopping cart on MY watch. Now, how can she learn the "don't throw giant fits at the fabric store, then lay on the floor in the fetal position blocking all foot traffic, so random customers have to step over you?" (It was a fun day).
Megan had a great birthday yesterday. Of all the presents she got, she is most enamored with her music box from Aunt Robin and Uncle Gale, and the Skittles chapstick from her Dad and I. Can't believe she is three...where have the years gone? It kills me that I am going to blink and she will be 18. Oh well, maybe by then she'll have outgrown the public temper tantrum stage. (Then again, probably not).
Marina is walking, running, climbing, and TALKING!! She says all kinds of stuff now, as well as doing a few things in sign language. She can say up, Mama, Mommy, Dada, Daddy, Megan, eat, no....and a few other things, but I am forgetting. In sign language, she can "say" more, all done, please, thank you, book, and cracker. Also, let's not forget the wonderful "communicating without words" that Megan has taught her...I've got two little ones in the middle of the massive fit throwing stage right now. But with Marina, it's still pretty funny. If you tell her no (or put her down, take her food away, etc), she melts down into this screaming puddle of humanity. I have a feeling that it will not be all that amusing for much longer, so I'm laughing while I can. It beats screaming, that's for sure.
My sister announced her wedding plans! Jess and David are getting married July 31, 2010. It seems that this wedding date is sticking, since they've announced it and are making reservations, and all that rot. It's hard for me to believe she's getting married. It's hard to believe she's old enough. It's also hard to believe that she's the exact same age I was when I got engaged, and will get married at the same age I did. What in the HECK was my husband thinking marrying me when I was that young and stupid???? (By the way, thanks honey for doing it anyway). Not that Jess is young and stupid. Well, she's young. But not stupid. I was stupid. (I sense that I am digging a hole here....).
Well, Dn. John just got home. The kids are asleep. I am going to go get myself a bowl of ice cream and fold five loads of laundry. Don't anybody tell me I don't know how to live it up!
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm actively trying to change my young status... Give me a few more months and I'll be a Woelfel.
Woeful?
Post a Comment