Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Let it snow!

Actually, the title should read "Let it (stop) snow(ing)!" We've gotten close to two feet in the last 48 hours, and it's still coming down. Forecast predicts 5-8 more inches tonight. Enough already!! The roads are impassable, and I can't even walk on my front porch without my jeans getting wet up to the knee. And I'm TALL! It's crazy. I don't remember the last time we got this much snow at once.

Silver lining to the tons of snow: I got to take a "snow day" from work (I usually work Wednesdays at the bakery), so now we'll jet over this afternoon to see Megan's Godparents, who flew in last night (technically this morning). I think we'll all bundle up in snowpants, chuck one of the kids in the sled (they don't both fit at once) and trudge over. I'm estimating that the two minute walk will take us 15 (no joke) because of all the snow.

Helen and I made gobs of sugar cookies yesterday, now waiting to be decorated. I didn't get my pumpkin rolls done, because I was out of parchment paper. However, I made coffee cake instead (hear that Jess?), which needs to go in the freezer to wait for Christmas. I'm slowly crossing off my baking list, and Megan wants to wrap presents today. It seems like a good soup day, so maybe I'll chuck some on the stove for dinner. Despite the growing pile of frozen precipitation, it is going to be a great day!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Khouria (Priest's Wife), Orthodox Christian, Mother of Four.

Followers