Well, yesterday was a hair of a nightmare, for a whole host of reasons, but one of the big ones was potty training. I read somewhere that kids don't like to pee in their pants, because they don't like being wet. Perhaps this is true for SOME kids, but apparently not MY kid. Marina was dancing around the living room like a maniac, peed all over a living room couch cushion, her blanket, and the case to one of Daddy's Wii games (she was still dancing while she peed), and then went on her merry little way. She barely even paused.
Ugh.
So, we continue on the journey, basically because we've already been at this for two days and I refuse to give up any ground we may have gained thus far. Even though Dn. John has been at work during the day, I think he's gotten the worse end of the deal. Two nights ago, Marina peed all over his lap, and last night she had her first poop accident (and it was a DOOZY) while I was at the church taking Megan to Christian Ed. We'll see if today brings us any closer.
Yesterday was also rough because both girls decided to spend the morning having ridiculous fits about every ten minutes. By noon, I was about to start ripping my hair out. Thankfully they settled down after lunch, watched a movie, and were in generally better moods for the afternoon. But the morning was pretty harrowing. I was sure today would be better, until Megan got up and was conscious for less than two minutes (I am not joking) before having her first meltdown of the day. However, she is at preschool now, and will hopefully come home in a much better mood. Marina is actually still asleep (it's almost 9 am, so that's a shocker), and since Child #3 is tucked safely away in my soundproof belly, the house is quiet and still. Ah, sweet serenity...
Thursday, November 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment