Sunday, December 26, 2010

A year ago

Just for kicks, I looked up my blog posts from a year ago to see what was going on then. It's interesting what has changed, and amusing what hasn't.

Roughly a year ago....

--Marina had just been diagnosed with all her allergies. Thank you Lord, that is no longer a topic of sobbing blogs, and a reason for nightmares and antacids.

--It was between -5 and 5 outside. So far, little change, although I did see the thermometer warm up to a balmy 12 this afternoon.

--When at prolonged temperatures below ten degrees, our septic system had the unfortunate habit of freezing and sending sewage stench into the living room. Also, no change. Double bummer on that one.

--We only had two kids to blog about. :) Very blessed and joyful change on that topic.

--Amusingly enough, we were also having internet problems a year ago. The last couple weeks has been fraught with them, but we got a new modem, and now all is well again.

It was fun to read about the kids' antics...although I seemed to be complaining about a record number of fits. Ah well. I suppose those things come in cycles.

Now that the insanity of Christmas prep has passed, I can graduate into the nearly-equal insanity of Christmas clean up. I think, at my current speed, it will take me a couple days, especially since 90% of it is gathered on various parts of the floor, and my ability to bend over is severely hampered at this particular moment. If only I had small people around to help me with such things....hmmm.... I think it's time to break out the M&M's. That's right, I am not above bribery, especially if it gets stuff done with a minimum amount of crying.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Khouria (Priest's Wife), Orthodox Christian, Mother of Four.

Followers