In response to the Melanie walking post, I would like to now bring you the fireworks-worthy, champagne-drinking, break-dancing-in-celebration, following statement:
MELANIE SLEPT FOR TWELVE HOURS STRAIGHT LAST NIGHT. EIGHT TO EIGHT, BABY: EIGHT TO EIGHT! THAT'S RIGHT. I'M SO EXCITED I'M STILL WRITING IN ALL CAPS.
This much-anticipated baby milestone did not bring a single tear to my eye. Not-a-one. No nostalgia here, people. She has, thus far, been the worst sleeper of all three of our kids, and it's been exhausting. Beyond exhausting, really. Mind-numbing, bone-weary, debilitating fatigue has ruled my days more often than not. Now, I can sense the sweet, sweet victory of just normal tiredness associated with raising three precious yet rambunctious daughters hell-bent on destroying my sanity one precious brain cell at a time (we just got home from a five hour trip into Anchorage, in case you can't tell).
But seriously. Love them. Especially when they sleep.
Friday, February 17, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment