Yep, you read that right. Megan is currently running around the house in Elmo underpants, peeing all over my carpet.
Ergh.
And that about sums up how I feel about the whole potty training experience, and it's only about two hours old. I had grand visions of her peeing her pants once, immediately learning the feeling of having to go to the bathroom, and use her potty chair with grand success following the one incident. The pile of wet underwear in the bathroom begs to tell a very different story. The child pees like every 30 minutes. So we put her on the potty about every thirty minutes. The two have yet to line up in the same space-time continuum. Diana told me that it takes most kids about two weeks. That is a LOT of laundry. In the meantime, Dn. John and I are both afraid to pick her up and she's not allowed on the couch.
And here we go again--Incident #4 has just transpired, and I am needed. Prayers and all potty training advice are requested posthaste.
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I do not have any advice, but I do have a comment! Its so funny to see you write this, because I can only imagine how much it takes! I feel for you! O wait I might have some advice? What about those pull ups that change color or whateve when they get wet... maybe the design on them fades or something.. I dont remember...:)just be happy you dont have boys yet! Ben still cant get it right!
Well you are doing your best I am sure. Kim Medders told me that she just let her kids go naked so less laundry. She said it worked better that way for her. Worth a try, right. Have you bribed her with M&M's or something, that works for a lot of kids. The only other advice I have is wait till summer and send her outside to save the carpet, but your carped is so old you probably don't even care. Well keep me updated, Luke is just around the corner. He's getting potty trained this sinner while in AK so Megan and Sloan can help. OH, another thing that helps some kids is having another kid over who is already potty trained and letting Megan watch that kid go and than want to do it more.
Good Luck, Luke just woke up so I have to go.
Stasia
Post a Comment