In hopes that Marina will learn to self-soothe, I am letting her cry herself to sleep without a pacifier tonight. It's agonizing listening to her cry. Ergh. I seem to remember going through this with Megan...and it was no fun then, either.
So Megan went to my Mom's for the day yesterday, and came home with a fish named Gil. Yep, my Mom bought her a pet. Without asking us. I suppose, it is just a fish. It's not a dog, or a ferret, or something equally annoying. And Megan really likes it. But still. She bought her a pet. Oh well. There's nothing to be done about it now. Megan had a good time and Grandma's, and didn't want to come home. Let's just hope that every sojourn to my parents' house does not end in us having an animal in the house.
I have done nothing really useful this weekend, and it has been just glorious. I suppose the joy will be over tomorrow when I go to clean up 48 hours worth of filth, but I'm okay with that. It's been an NCIS, cookie dough, lying around kind of weekend. And I need those every now and then! This week will be busier than our recent ones...working on Tuesday, and then I have casseroles to make for my business on Thursday and Friday. But I enjoy that, so it will be fun. I do miss doing it with Stasia though...cooking two dozen casseroles was way MORE fun with her.
Okay, so I just caved and gave Marina her pacifier. Ah well. I suppose as long as she doesn't take it to Kindergarten with her, I'm doing okay.
Megan was picking her nose today in church, and announced (loudly, I might add), "Look Mommy! A booger! It's on my finger!" So that was fun. She also decided to be a hair of a pill this morning, but we survived. It was another day of being in church in body, but definately not in spirit. I sincerely hope God honors my effort. At least we're there, right???? Our God-daughters Heidi and Olivia wandered over to take Communion with me today, so I was herding the three little girls up the Eucharist line (Marina was with her Godmother, who was also herding her own children). I think I need a sheepdog for my Godchildren. I still have a hard time believing there's five of them! I attempted to take all five of them up for Eucharist on Christmas Day by myself. It was interesting, but I did pull it off!
Well, Marina is asleep and I have an episode of NCIS on pause downstairs, so I am going to wander my little self back to the couch and the king-size bag of peanut butter M&Ms that I left sitting there. Ciao!
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Mom got her a fish?? Haha! That's so awesome! I hope when I have kids mom does cool things like that!
Step 1 to owning your own petting zoo: let your Mom send pets home with your children without sending them straight back to her house.
Step 2: refer to step 1.
Are you afraid that your dad will cook the fish if you send it back?
Just wait til your mom sends home a dog or cat and you have fur all over the house. Then enjoy cleaning up. Uh huh, I can see it now. Your house will become an annex to the Truelson's petting zoo. Eric will start deporting his animals to your side of the street.
:)
--Matthew
OH Christine,
I was just thinking of last summer when you tried having fish. Didn't you go to the pet store twice to restock because they kept dying, and didn't the very last fish start rotting in the tank? What can you do though when Grandma sends it home with her.
I hope you have better luck with this fish. :)
Stasia
Post a Comment