So it's been a few days since I posted much about our daily goings on. There have been a few! I'll try and hit the highlights.
REDOUBT: It's been erupting like mad the last few days--I think at one point there were something like four eruptions in eight hours. It has shut down lots of air traffic and made a lot of people stranded in various places. We have only gotten ash once, and that was last night. It started falling during Vespers. Anchorage got a ton, but we only got a light dusting in Eagle River. The air smelled gross though--you could tell there was lots of sulfur. In any case, Redoubt seems to have quieted down for the time being. I'm hoping and praying that we are able to take our trip this Friday!
MEGAN: Ah, Megan. My dear sweet little girl who is growing up before my eyes. She had her first sleepover last night, and spent the night with Grandma and Grandpa in Wasilla. I will admit, it was tough for me! She had a blast, though. She called her Dad and I last night to say goodnight, and we got a kick out of that. This morning, she called to say good morning, but Daddy was already at church. So she and I chatted for a little while. My Mom told me that on the way to church, Megan told her to turn around. "Grandma, go back to the house! We forgot my Mommy!" What a sweetie.
MARINA: My other sweet little girl who is growing up so fast! Marina sits up now, and does pretty well at it. She also gets up on her hands and knees, and rocks back and forth. All my parenting books say that this is a good precursor to crawling, so we're expecting that milestone soon. Yesterday, she got up on her hands and tippie toes with her little tushy stuck high up in the air. It was pretty cute. She's also eating like a champion now. No surprise that we weighed her on my Dad's new scale at the bakery and she is 20 pounds. She has a check-up tomorrow, so we'll get an official weight and height, as well as a few shots in those chubby little legs. I hate that part.
AND THE REST OF THE STORY.... Well, we're gearing up for what promises to be a busy week. I have casseroles to bake, and a big specialty cake order at the bakery on Thursday. Then Friday, God willing and Redoubt permitting, we are boarding the airplane that Megan has been talking about for months! On our way to see Fr. Stephen and Nancy Lourie, the Howells, Barb Surrett, and Dn. John's parents, in that order. And all in eight days! It's going to be jam packed, but oh so much fun. Please add our plans to your prayer list, that the volcano will cooperate!
Sunday, March 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(170)
-
▼
March
(19)
- Traveling Blessings
- Update
- Things that made me laugh today.
- Success!
- Spring spring spring spring spring!
- 40 Maxims Blog
- Pride Bubble Burst
- Video
- My beef with the UPS Store
- Welcome!
- Pictures
- I bribe my children to pray
- Life as usual
- A great Lenten blog
- Happily Contented
- Ways my children humiliate me
- Musings
- Are you sleeping?
- Megan quote of the day
-
▼
March
(19)

2 comments:
Have fun in PA and SC and all the spots in between. I wish we could come and see you while you are in the lower 48. Great story about Megan. I'm glad she enjoyed grandparents, when is her trip to Uncle Phil and Aunt Kathryn's?? We have an extra bedroom.
See you soon!!
Post a Comment