Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Hating mosquitoes

So, I seriously hate mosquitoes. I woke up the other day bitten all over, Marina has eight or nine bites all over her (including a huge one on her cheek) and, while putting Megan's jammies on a minute ago, I counted over fifteen on her legs and arms. Stupid bugs.

My radishes came up! I have a whole bunch of little leaves in the radish row, and one onion that I saw this morning. So far, none of the carrots have popped their heads yet, but I hope it will be soon. I haven't shown them to Megan yet--that's tomorrow's plan, along with laundry and a nice long shower since Marina barfed in my hair today.

My Mom went to Seattle on Sunday for a week, and left her car with us. It is so nice having a car every day. Since Dn. John carpools, I usually only get the car two (maybe three) days a week, so I have to seriously plan ahead to when I want to go places and do things. But this week....I just leave whenever I get a whim. It's great. I'm really going to have a hard time giving Mom her car back next Thursday. Of course, it will be much easier to give the car back then, say, getting a job so we can afford another car payment.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Yeah... Having a car is nice. Not as nice as having a house though... Alas, you can't have everything. As far as the mosquitos go, you live in Alaska, deal with it.

Matthew Howell said...

Just make sure the mosquitos don't team up to carry Marina away. I guess that's one advantage of having a chunky baby.

About Me

My photo
Khouria (Priest's Wife), Orthodox Christian, Mother of Four.

Followers