Thursday, July 16, 2009

Post #125

Well, in the nine short months of blogging, it seems I have subjected the web to 125 posts about various and sundry things. Hopefully, nobody is upset about this.

Ahem. Post #125 about to commence.

Today will be a long day, marked with cleaning, laundry, and--if the evidence bawling at my feet is any indicator--lots of fits from Megan. It is only 9 am. She is screaming for cookies. Let the games begin.

My mother-in-law gets in tonight (after a leisurely 23 hour plane trip that takes her through Fairbanks, of all places). So, like any good daughter-in-law, I am entering a cleaning frenzy so that her first impression of my house will be that I am a killer housekeeper. I am entirely positive that her stay over the next two weeks will cure her of this thought, but hey, first impressions are important. It also so happens that I need to do laundry today, so it's going to be a busy one.

I would like to state for the record that Megan is still screaming.

We are heading out tomorrow for the Kasilof river to go dipnetting for salmon. Silvers or reds...I'm not sure which one is running right now. But, hopefully we'll do well. We will be down overnight--Pam and I in the camper with the girls, and Dn. John in a tent (lucky guy; he's probably the only one who will get any sleep)--and Dn. John will be fishing in the evening on Friday and most of the day on Saturday. We have a limit of 45 fish, and I have high hopes of getting at least 20. We'll freeze it and eat it all winter long. Yummy.

And, Megan is still screaming. Post #125 is being finished in glory. Time to go deal with this.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Khouria (Priest's Wife), Orthodox Christian, Mother of Four.

Followers