Well, we are rolling along into September. Hard to believe it, but here it is! We've got some pretty big events in our family this month, starting off with Marina's 1st birthday on Friday. AACK! I can't believe my sweet baby is going to be one. Seems like just yesterday I was as big as a house, waiting for her to pop out. Number two big birthday this month is Dn. John's--The big 3-0. Also, we have Megan's first tumbling class on the 11th. Going to be lots of fun.
On a more sober note, I went to visit my friend Danielle and her new baby, Seraphima, today. What a beautiful child. You would never know that she wasn't the most healthy baby on the planet. 7 1/2 pounds with a perfectly round head full of black hair. I was able to hold her for a few minutes, and it took every ounce of reserve I had not to burst into tears. She is doing better than the doctors predicted, which means we may be blessed with two weeks of her presence before she goes Home to Jesus, instead of just the couple days as originally predicted. Danielle and Sasha (her husband) are doing well. They both have their moments of sadness, of course, but for the most part are upbeat and thankful. Their three other active kids help, I'm sure!
I have to remind myself over and over these days that God's ways are not our ways. I wish--so much--that Seraphima's family would have a lifetime with her, instead of just a couple short weeks. May God grant that everyone who loves this precious child pulls through with faith. Please pray for their whole family.
Monday, August 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment