Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Parenting

I have decided that I need to become the perfect parent. This decision was made at around 4 AM this morning, while Megan was climbing over me for the second time, trying to sleep with us, while Marina was already taking up all the good warm covers in between Dn. John and I. So, we chucked both kids back in their beds, and listened to them cry for a good long time.

As a result, I have come to the conclusion that the perfect parent would not have to deal with this problem night after night after night after night....

So, I would like all the perfect parents out there to raise their hands and tell me exactly how to raise my kids so they will 1) stop fighting and stealing toys from each other, 2) obey me when I tell them to do something (the first time, not the 11th), 3) love to clean up after themselves, and 4) sleep through the night in their own beds.

Is this really asking too much??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha, good luck! Let me know when those perfect parents speak up! I usually don't offer up opinions that have been given to me while I'm still trying to test them out, but my mom is a strong believer of Parenting With Love and Logics. I've started reading/listening to the cd's she got me and I'm truly hopeful it will help. It will take me a year to find time to read/listen, but I'm going to try!

About Me

My photo
Khouria (Priest's Wife), Orthodox Christian, Mother of Four.

Followers