I was a bit perturbed to discover that it was warmer in Alaska than in South Carolina virtually the entire time we were gone. Stupid weather. We did see a bull moose on the way home from the airport though, which was cool.
Relatively uneventful flight home. The kids slept well, although Dn. John and I did not. They are still on East Coast time, so after being put to bed at 1:30 am, they were up at 6:45. Ah well, what can you do? Megan and I went to Anchorage, hit a killer 90% off all Christmas stuff sale at Target, in which I got a "Christmas" wreath that actually doesn't look that Christmasy and matches my living room decor for $2. Love it love it love it.
It's back to the grind today...the girls are readjusting to not watching TV all day, eating candy, and having scores of doting relatives to applaud their every move. Dn. John and I are having to ease out of vacation mode also, in that it's time to discipline again. :) Ah well. The kids will adjust. One lasting benefit of vacation (on the practical side, at least) is that the girls adjusted to sharing a room while we were in SC, so we moved Marina's crib into Megan's bedroom to capitalize on this turn of events. They now officially share a room! We danced and made a big deal out of it, so Megan thinks it's great. We'll see if she still has that opinion tonight, or at 4 am when Marina wakes up to do her nightly screaming. Now that the crib is moved into the bedroom, we have a "playroom" area in the nook at the top of the stairs. Megan and I will be rearranging and figuring out the best way to use it tomorrow. After we finish unpacking the suitcases and all that lark. (I was waaaaay too tired today).
Our friend Eric did a killer job on our entryway floor! I am waiting to take pictures on purpose, because I want to give Dn. John a couple days to get the trim and closet doors up. Then we will be DONE!!!!! Hooray! It really does look awesome. After that, I have a new "honey-do" list for my husband, his tools, and newfound carpentry skills.
Well, time to chuck my filthy girls into the bathtub before church. Megan has apple juice in her hair from the airplane (don't ask) and both girls are grimy from rolling around in the airports.
Christ is Baptized!
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment