Saturday, January 16, 2010

Lazy Saturday

Actually, it won't be lazy at all, it just feels that way right now.

My last week has been insane! I got bitten by some massive cleaning/organizing bug, and my house is so clean right now. I don't think it's ever been this nice. It's one of those "You know you're Orthodox" moments....I didn't do Spring cleaning, I did "House blessing" cleaning. Every closet has been emptied and organized. The girls now share a bedroom, and we have a playroom set up. The kitchen cupboards have been cleaned and organized (note to self: we have enough junk food to survive Armageddon. Do not buy more!). The last of the Christmas cards have FINALLY been addressed and mailed. We even gutted the office! It's awesome up here. Breandan commented, "Um, don't take this the wrong way, but I've never seen the floor in your office before!" And (MATTHEW), there were no skeletons found in any of the closets. HA.

Today's plan? Redo the church bulletin board and do the laundry. Dn. John plans on working on the trim in the entry way, although right now he is playing Wii, so I don't know when he plans on doing that. :)

I am being visited by a tiny little girl in pink pajamas, who is playing with the mouse and attempting to delete my entire post. Thanks, Marina. Speaking of Marina, she is advancing in language skills by leaps and bounds! She says a new word almost every day--her latest favorite being "silly." She also nods and shakes her head for yes and no now, but she does it so violently that I'm not sure how she doesn't get a headache. She misses her Papa in South Carolina--yesterday I turned the sink on, and she wanted to come play in the water. (That was their favorite game). When I told her no, she started calling, "Papa! Papa!"

1 comment:

The Knight Family said...

When do we get pictures???

About Me

My photo
Khouria (Priest's Wife), Orthodox Christian, Mother of Four.

Followers