I was up for about 80% of the night with a very sick Marina. Poor girl is a coughing, sneezing, snotty, congested mess. As a result, I am walking around like night of the living dead, surviving on approx. 3 hours of sleep, all snatched in 15-45 minute increments. Dr. Pepper, anyone?
On the (much, much!) more positive note, Dn. John's St. Stephen's Course diploma came in the mail yesterday! That means that he is OFFICIALLY FINISHED!!! Hooray! If I had the money, I would write it in the sky (okay, probably not, but I am that excited!). So congrats to my hard working husband! Take a deep breath, you are done done done!
I am toying with all kinds of hair-brained schemes these days; including, but not limited to, having a food booth at the Bear Paw Festival, starting my own jam/canned goods business, and writing a cookbook. I fully intend to do the last two, it's just a question of when. As for the Bear Paw booth....well, that will depend on a couple of good friends and whether or not they feel like dedicating a week of their life to madness with me. I'd like to sell pulled pork sandwiches. Why, you ask? Because my neighbor Ben (one of the afore-mentioned friends that I would have to talk into this) makes a MEAN pulled pork. Combined with my home-made BBQ sauce and my Dad's hamburger rolls.....(and the fact that we are two weeks into Lent) = YUMMY. I figure with a side of cole slaw and some chips, we could really make a killing. The Bear Paw Festival is a three day affair in downtown Eagle River in July. It's pretty fun, and gobs of people come. So, we'll see what the next few weeks of musing turn up. It may be a pipe dream for this year, but who knows?
On a completely different note, I am assuming that Dn. John will be plugged into the USA vs. Canada hockey game today. That works out well for me, since Marina will probably just snuggle up with him and I can do other stuff. However, I'd love to see our boys win, so go USA!
Sunday, February 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment