It is another Monday morning at the Rogers household...nothing super exciting to report. I attempted to get up with Dn. John again this morning, but Marina decided to wake up at 6:15, and Megan at 6:30, so I laid down with them to try and get them to go back to sleep. I was all too successful...in that we all passed out, and didn't wake back up until 7:45. But, we're up now, and buzzing around getting all kinds of stuff accomplished.
Megan turned on her favorite ABCs CD, and I sat and listened to Marina singing along with it. I am daily amazed at her language skills. She can sing (for the most part) the alphabet, she prays, yesterday in church she was saying the Trisagion prayers. It sounded like this: "Hoooooooweee GOD, Hoooooooweee Mi'ee, Hoooooooweee 'Mortal, Mercy on Us." She was very emphatic about saying "God." Just over the weekend, I noticed her starting to string words together. What can I say? She's brilliant. :) Her allergy reactions continue to fluctuate and be all over the map, so I can't say what's going on there. I don't think that her soy allergy is much to worry about; I've been incorporating soy back into her diet and have seen no changes. In any case, she's got a follow up in a couple weeks so she can be retested, and we'll see what the doctor says.
I do have a prayer request--my Grandma Barbara (Megan's namesake) is very ill and in the hospital. We're not sure if she is going to recover...and if she does, there are a lot of problems in her home that are causing some pretty severe stress in my family right now. So please pray that she gets better, and then that we are able to convince her to move to Alaska.
Monday, April 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment