It is a constant source of amusement (and irritation) that Megan is so resistant to change. Anything from a major life change to a hiccup in her bedtime routine will send her into a spiral of insanity. Today, I informed her that our afternoon routine was going to change. Usually, she watches a movie while Marina naps, but then when Marina wakes up, she is sometimes fussy and clingy and I can never get dinner started until Dn. John gets home to deal with her. I hate the idea of Megan watching three or four hours of TV in the afternoon. So, I thought maybe if they watched a movie together after Marina woke up, it would distract her and I could cook. My plan is foolproof, except for one thing: Megan.
My gracious, she put up a fight. Thankfully, I have finally distracted her with the prize of doing things that are difficult to do while Marina is awake, like painting, playing with play dough, etc. She is happily painting away, singing a little song to herself. The house is quiet, and I am still getting a much needed minute to myself.
My sister gets home today, after a couple weeks of fighting forest fires up in Tok. I hope to catch up with her this weekend, but I am definitely waiting until she's had a chance to bathe. :) Two weeks of camping while firefighting with no showers does not lend itself to big sisterly hugs. We're entering the final stretch of weeks until her wedding, which is crazy. I think it's six weeks away (maybe seven). The girls have beautiful flower girl dresses and little ribbon crowns. It remains to be seen if they will actually perform their duties as flower girls. I may have to walk down the aisle with them. (Heck, that's one way to wheedle my way into the wedding party!)
In other news, my jam business is off like a shot. I had no idea it would take off like this, and I am busy busy busy trying to keep up, but enjoying it quite a bit. I have a new pectin that I'm using (and I'm totally in love with it) and in the next week or so, I'll be ordering a huge shipment of jars from a supplier in Seattle. I am almost up to my goal of 12 jam flavors, then I will be developing some more BBQ sauces.
Dn. John and I enjoyed a nice dinner out for our 8th anniversary yesterday. Can't believe it's really been that long! It was fun thinking about our wedding day and all the craziness that led up to it. I can't wait to see what the next eight years have in store.
Speaking of reminiscing, my ten year high school reunion is this weekend. Boy, that's going to be crazy. I have no idea who is coming, but hopefully it will be a lot of fun. Dn. John is super excited to go to the picnic on Sunday and attempt to make conversation with a bunch of people he's never met. Hahahaha....haha...ha...no seriously, he's a little cranky I'm making him go, but ah well. It's a family event, so if all else fails he can just play with the kids and ignore everyone else. Out of sheer love for him, I am going solo to the adults only dinner tomorrow night. :)
Thursday, June 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Dn. John definitely loves you for going to that. My reunion is sometime this summer also. Not going, however, too much like my brother.
Post a Comment