First and foremost was the song she was singing this evening: "Mary had a little lamb, little lamb, little lamb. Mary had a little lamb until it fell off a cliff and died."
Yes, feel free to sit back and wonder where I am going wrong as a parent, because that's sure what I'm doing!!
This morning I asked her what she learned about in church school yesterday. She replied, "Trains. And broccoli." I was ready to write it off as just another Marina response until my brother-in-law (also a second child, mind you) wrote this: "The broccoli both reminds Marina of the green vestments for Pentecost and the coming of the Holy Spirit upon the Church and the Cross because it looks like a little tree. She wants to board that train with the saints heading for the kingdom with the grace of the Holy Spirit through the Cross of our Lord Jesus Christ! You just have to think like a middle child, who is also a budding theologian."
In any case, budding theologian or no, I would advise all of you to not take Marina for walks on hilltops, especially not with any cute and cuddly animals.
And on the subject of my kids, right now Melanie is sitting on a puzzle, pounding at the wooden pieces and shrieking at it. But, from the right angle, it looks like she's actually putting it together. :) My children are brilliant.

No comments:
Post a Comment