Monday, March 29, 2010

My husband would be proud

So, yesterday I went to work for a couple hours. My Dad wasn't there, and one of the employees mentioned that he'd gone home to watch a baseball game.

Well, for some reason, this statement has been bugging me all day, and I haven't been able to figure out why until just now. BASEBALL SEASON HASN'T STARTED YET. She must have meant basketball, since we're in the midst of March Madness.

This is ridiculous on a multitude of levels. For one, I have a really hard time believing that this bugged me for so long, and that in the back of my brain, somewhere, I knew that it was wrong.

Secondly, the fact that I KNOW that baseball season hasn't started yet, and that we're in the middle of college basketball insanity is beyond me. Actually, perhaps it just proves that I am married to a Rogers.

In any case, somewhere my husband is reading this and chuckling, because it proves--yet again--that he is in my head.

4 comments:

The Knight Family said...

Christine,

I dug thru your blog today and found the creative writing story that you posted last Pascha. Just wondered if you were going to post it again and if I could put it on my blog. It is such a wonderful piece! Oh, by the way, I love your new picture!

Naomi

Christine said...

Naomi, I had planned to post it again, but feel free to stick it on yours. :)

Matthew Howell said...

Coulda been pre-season baseball, but more likely to have been basketball.
On Saturday night in Michigan, my wife was GLADLY watching the NCAA basketball tournament. Of course, she is killing me in our bracket challenge, but I digress: she WANTED to watch the game. I am totally in her head. :)

Christine said...

Those orange teams must be kicking butt this year.

About Me

My photo
Khouria (Priest's Wife), Orthodox Christian, Mother of Four.

Followers