I decided last night that Dn. John was coming home today to four things, so help me God:
1) A clean house
2) Peaceful children
3) Some sort of baked good
4) The smell of dinner already being cooked
Well, I forgot that we have Liturgy tonight, so dinner is automatically out. However, I am still holding out hope for the other three. To that end, I have been cleaning all morning, and am now taking a well deserved breather. Until about ten seconds ago, the kids have been cooperative and not fighting, but apparently they're taking a breather from that as well. It is so time for some Dora the Explorer while Mom puts away laundry.
In any case, we've got all the laundry folded and towels and such put away. The dishes are done, the table and island are cleared off. The bathroom is at least picked up. So, I still have to do all the floors (vacuuming, sweeping, mopping), plus pick up the entryway, clean the bathroom, put away laundry, and have the kids help me pick up the playroom and their room. If I can swing it, the upstairs really needs to be vacuumed as well. I feel tired.
I suppose this means I should stop blogging and get my rear in gear, especially if I'm going to pull off baking something as well. Back to the grind we go!
Wednesday, June 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment