Thursday, June 30, 2011

Vacation: T-7 days and counting.... It will be farewell rainy and cool Alaska, helloooooooooooo 100 degrees and humid South Carolina. If I don't come home, it's because I melted. :) However, along with all that heat comes Grandparents, two Aunts and two Uncles. Can't wait!!

Matthew and Anastasia made it home safely, which is awesome. We've spent a little bit of time every day since Tuesday at their house, trying to help them unpack. I'm far less useful than I would prefer to be, since when I come, I usually add to the chaos. Stasia and I were a little bit dumbfounded that between the two of us, we have six kids. Add that to their tiny house and mounds of boxes, and I tend to figure that I'm a bigger help if I stay home. I did manage to load the dishwasher for them today, so I suppose that's something. It's really great to have them home and across the street again.

Melanie rolled over for the fist time Monday night, and hasn't stopped since. It's crazy. Once she figured out what to do, she's been on a roll (hahahaha...ha...). I can't believe she's already four months old! When did that happen??

Today, I decided to be "fun" Mom, instead of "boring and healthy" Mom. :) I gave the kids shoestring licorice and fruit loops and they made edible necklaces. I'm pretty sure the half an hour in which that occupied them was worth all the sugar. While they were busy and happy, Melanie was sleeping, so I did something amazing. Wait for it....wait for it.... I READ A BOOK. It was intensely awesome. I intend to pack the makings for this treat on the airplane, in my "bag o' goodies" that I'm stockpiling.

1 comment:

Matthew Howell said...

Well we don't get a whole lot of unpacking boxes done together with all the kiddos but we do have a lot of FUN!!
Stasia

About Me

My photo
Khouria (Priest's Wife), Orthodox Christian, Mother of Four.

Followers