Oh vacation, where art thou? :) I am so ready.
We had a BBQ at my little sister's house today. I stood over her shoulder and learned how to make steak. Up until now, this has been a pretty dismal area of my cooking repertoire. Jess, however, makes amazing steak. So she taught me. Now all I have to do is attempt it on my own at home. Since I won't have time for this until after we get back from SC, I have to manage to retain all this knowledge for two weeks before using it. I think I can manage...it is about steak after all. Important stuff.
Speaking of grilling, I read in a magazine today an awesome idea for making chicken kebabs. I can't wait to try it, too. I sense a bbq night at the Rogers coming soon...it's a good thing I have many hungry friends, since I'm going to need them to eat all this stuff I want to try!
I went to the store today, and got the last of the stuff I need for our trip. At least, I thought I did until I got home and realized I forgot something. *sigh* But other than a travel sized container of diaper cream, we are good to go! I've got a whole pile of stuff we've been saving for the airplane, and the kids are chomping at the bit to be able to get to their new toys. The coolest part about our carryons this time will be the downsizing factor. I read really fast, and this is a plus in every other area of my life, except airplane travel. I usually have to pack three or four books to read for a cross country trip (I don't sleep on planes, unfortunately). This tends to get heavy. Enter (da da da da!!) the KINDLE. Awesomeness in its entirety.
Also awesome--my grandma got me an iTouch for my birthday, so I'm loading it with TV and movies, so I don't have to pack our portable DVD player or movies. This cuts down on about 50% of my carry on space, and I am excited. The only downside is that I am technologically impaired, and have to get my 13 year old nephew to teach me how to use it. (I could ask my husband, I know, but that just makes me feel dumb. Asking a 13 year old is much, much better. Especially when my 11 year old nephew sat and snickered about me not knowing how to use it). I'm excited that iTunes rents movies, because now I can watch a couple chick flicks that I know Dn. John doesn't want to see.
Well, all three of my kids are asleep right now, and I am going to join them. It's been hairy these last few nights with Melanie (she's anti sleep at about 3 am these days), so I need some serious shut eye. Tomorrow morning, some of our friends from our St. James House days are going to be in town, and coming over for breakfast! I haven't seen them in about five years, so I am pretty excited.
Monday, July 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment