Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Hot hot hot hot hot hot hot

Did I mention that it is hot out? Currently 5 pm and 102 degrees. Heat index says 115. Holy Baked Alaskan, Batman. The inventor of air conditioning should be cannonized.

We have had a wonderful visit with Aunt Sarah and her fiance, Uncle Jacob. They left today, and Marina was pretty upset that she was not invited to fly home with them. Considering that their plane has been delayed twice (for a total of five hours), I would venture a guess that they're thankful to not be having to entertain her. In any case, their wedding is in November, and we are so excited!! Megan and Marina will be flower girls, and Melanie is going to be "honorary" since she will not yet be walking.

We are having a great time in the South, despite the heat. The kids don't function in it well...we attempted to have an outdoor photo session at Hopeland Gardens yesterday. To say that it was an unmitigated disaster would be an understatement. We did get some funny pictures of Marina throwing a gigantic fit, though. We've spent a lot of time in the pool. I was going to take the kids over there in a few minutes, but the national weather service issued an excessive heat warning until 9 pm, so I think I would be better served to keep my Eskimo babies inside where it's cool.

Today is our last day with Uncle Phil and Auntie Kathryn. Uncle Phil is currently carrying Melanie around while she drools on his arm. They've had lots of fun with them too, and I can tell that they'll be disappointed to have all the aunts and uncles gone tomorrow. I need to remember to get all Aunt Kathryn's cool pictures before she goes, because I haven't taken a single one (Aunt Kathryn is a much better photographer than I am...so I've been letting her carry that one alone!). I knew the flash drive that I found in my purse on the plane would come in handy...

I'm hoping to see my friend Leah in Columbia sometime in the next couple of days, and we're hitting the Charleston beach on Friday. Saturday, I think we're taking the girls to see Winnie the Pooh. It's hard to believe that Tuesday is almost over already! Our time is flying.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Khouria (Priest's Wife), Orthodox Christian, Mother of Four.

Followers