The girls spent the night at my Mom's last night. Megan has done this tons of times, but it was Marina's first sleepover. Everything seemed to be going fine until bedtime. I got a call from my very upset little girl...Marina was sobbing into the phone, "Mommy, come get me, I want to come home!" It about broke my heart, especially since we were in Anchorage, and she was 45 minutes away in Palmer. Knowing that by the time we got there, she would have fallen asleep (since it was almost 9 pm anyway), we decided to let my Mom take care of her. Sure enough, by 9:30 she'd finally fallen asleep, but it didn't change the fact that I was standing in Target about to burst into tears, and completely ready to abandon my shopping cart and go get her.
I think we have established that Marina is not ready for sleepovers, even with Grandma.
It's almost 9 am now, and I'm waiting a little while longer to call and see how they're doing. The kids are usually up by 8, but they were awake so late last night that I don't want to chance waking the whole house up, especially if Marina had a rough night. I will admit to having a hard time waiting.
If the kids are both okay, Dn. John and I are heading back to Anchorage to have lunch together and possibly buy a new TV. We had a great evening last night (aside from the sobbing phone call). We saw Unstoppable at the second run theater, and enjoyed it quite a bit. I really like Denzel Washington. At some point in time this afternoon, we're off to Palmer to get the girlies, but in between all these things, he's going to haul water and I'm going to hit the grocery store. Sometimes it's a little sad how uncreative we are in using our child-free time, but it's the little things in life, right? Going to the store without the kids is really, really nice. So was sleeping in this morning.
Of course, my anxiety level has mounted just a little bit in realizing that I'm going to be gone for a couple days in just a few weeks. Hopefully Marina will do better since she'll be in her own surroundings. It will probably help too that Daddy will be home at night (at least after the baby's born). I'm glad Megan is so independent--she informed me the other day she probably wouldn't miss me while I was gone. At the time, I was a little sad (even though I suspect that she doesn't know what she's talking about), but now I just feel slightly relieved that I don't need to worry about her as much.
Saturday, February 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(100)
-
▼
February
(18)
- The baby is due on Friday
- 38 weeks, 6.5 days and counting
- Things I love today
- My beef with Mother Nature
- Early
- Nesting
- Today
- Perils of being a business owner
- Valentine's Day
- All my bags are packed...
- Friday Update
- A watched pot never boils
- Random Thoughts and Events
- Marina's Night Out
- Making Daddy's Day
- Preggo update
- Thoughts on the Liturgy
- Home Alone
-
▼
February
(18)

No comments:
Post a Comment