I can't talk or read these days. I hope it is simply some bizarre pregnancy side-effect, but I am finding words get muddled and switched in my brain very easily. For instance, instead of saying "Please put your toy in the basket," I get a lot of "Please put your basket in the toy." The worst is reading though, because I am constantly misreading words. I saw the word this morning "prostration" and read "prostitute." That gave me a good double take, I can tell you. In any case, it's weird and I hope it goes away soon. I dislike feeling foolish.
Tomorrow marks my 36th week of pregnancy, which means that it is *technically* safe for the baby to come at any time, although we will hope he/she will wait at least two more weeks. Come Valentines Day though, all bets are off. My OB still thinks that the baby will come early, but it seems like it would be a dumb idea to count on that at all. However, it seems even dumber to not be prepared, so preparing we are. I am hoping to be ready to go by 38 weeks, so then I can just sit back and wait without worrying. Well, worrying about things at home being ready at least. There are plenty of other things to worry about, and I'm sure they will occupy my mind quite frequently.
In the meantime, I intend to keep up on my (relatively feeble) attempts to clean the house. I have not had any nesting instincts at all (unless you can include daily napping in my recliner, which is about the only instinct I have these days). My temper seems to be fairly close to the surface these days, so attempts to keep that under control are also ongoing.
Thursday, February 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(100)
-
▼
February
(18)
- The baby is due on Friday
- 38 weeks, 6.5 days and counting
- Things I love today
- My beef with Mother Nature
- Early
- Nesting
- Today
- Perils of being a business owner
- Valentine's Day
- All my bags are packed...
- Friday Update
- A watched pot never boils
- Random Thoughts and Events
- Marina's Night Out
- Making Daddy's Day
- Preggo update
- Thoughts on the Liturgy
- Home Alone
-
▼
February
(18)

No comments:
Post a Comment