Friday, February 18, 2011

Today

Today, I get to go to Anchorage by myself. I get to go to the doctor's office, have lunch with my husband, and grocery shop at Costco and Target ALL ALONE. If it wasn't for the five inches of fresh snow we'd gotten last night, this would be a promising day.

Our new windows are in, and the guys are coming back this morning to finish the trim work. They are so pretty...no black mold, no splintering wood, and they OPEN without straining your arm muscles. I wish it was spring, so I could open them all the time. Frankly, I wish it was spring for a whole host of reasons; the windows are one of them, but there are so many others as well...

I am 38 weeks today! We are really and truly in "any day" mode, although I suspect it will still be awhile before Baby Rogers joins us in the outside world. This is a little depressing, since the doc told me awhile ago to expect the baby early, but I got my hopes up that he was right. Murphy's Law now states that he will be wrong, and I won't have the baby until March. *grumble grumble* It's one of those "so close, but so very, very far" situations. I have an appointment in a couple hours, so we'll see if the baby is making any strides to be born. It's been quiet on the contraction front this week, which is--for the most part--nice, since I am deeply irritated by contractions that do not signal the imminent birth of a child. Braxton-Hicks and I are not friends.

In any case, I should sign off and do something productive, since my kids are evidently incapable of following directions this morning, and yelling at them from the computer desk is producing little, if no, results.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Khouria (Priest's Wife), Orthodox Christian, Mother of Four.

Followers