So. I own a jam business, and I have never used a pressure canner. It's slightly embarrassing to admit, but it is the truth. My friend in South Carolina has offered to give me hers, so I'll be bringing it home with me in a few weeks, just in time to start making BACON JAM. (That's right, I am so going to do this). I'm a little scared. I'd prefer to not blow up my kitchen, so I suppose some kind of tutorial is in order. If you are one of my "pressure canner talented" readers, please shoot me an email if you're willing to give me a crash course.
In the meantime, I don't want to wait weeks to make bacon jam, so I think I'm going to try a small batch tomorrow. If it is as awesome as I am expecting it to be, I'll have to borrow a pressure canner. I know several people who own them, so I don't think it'll be difficult to track down.
On another note:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUKE HOWELL!!! My Godson is 4 years old today. He's far away in California right now, but when he's home next week, he'll be getting a big fat hug (and quite possibly ice cream) from Aunt Christine, who has missed him so much!!! We love you Luke!
Wednesday, June 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I have heard your confession, you are forgiven.
Halleluiah. :)
Post a Comment