Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A place for everything

I love organization. Seriously. There are few things in life that make my heart "pitter-patter" more than the storage aisles at Fred Meyer and Target. I love to open a drawer or a door and see everything lined up, put away, labeled, and neat. *Sigh* Such things are harder to accomplish when you live with three (four?) people who seem to be actively undoing everything you put away. I suppose it's just the time of life that I'm in, but I have dreams (oh, I have dreams) of my kids putting stuff away in the right spots...they're actually not half bad, really. The playroom is pretty well organized, and when sent to put things away, the kids put them where they belong. Now, if I could get them to do it without whining and crying, I'd really be on to something.

I had to laugh the other day though, because I bought some drawer organizers, and spent a few minutes folding/sorting/putting away a couple of our dresser drawers. That night when we went to bed, I pulled out the drawer with aplomb, and told my husband proudly, "LOOK HOW PRETTY IT IS!" He glanced over, and said, "It's a drawer." He so doesn't get it.

I figure I will slowly tackle all the drawers/shelves/closets that make my blood pressure go up when I look at them. Monday it was the dresser, and half the entryway closet (need to pick up another hanging shoe bag to finish in there). Yesterday, I did the junk drawer in the kitchen. It's beautiful now, just beautiful. Today? As I'm typing this, our rows of haphazard DVDs are staring me down. It's like they've thrown the gauntlet.

And in other awesome, fantastic, and wonderful news: Melanie slept for 10.5 hours last night. Straight. I put her down at 7:30 and didn't hear a peep until 6. After feeding her until 6:30 or so, she went back to bed until 8. It. Was. Awesome. Way to go baby girl! Thanks for giving your Mama a break. (And also waiting to wake up until Daddy was up getting ready for work, so Mom didn't even have to get out of bed...and then being done eating before he actually left so he could put you back in your crib. Way to go.)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Khouria (Priest's Wife), Orthodox Christian, Mother of Four.

Followers